At Gateway Home Services, we can help you put your fall maintenance checklist together and prepare your home and yard for winter.
Fall is an excellent time of year – football, falling leaves, apple cider, pumpkin spice, and cooler weather. Fall is also essential because a lot needs to be done before winter cold sets in. So before you get wrapped up in all the fall festivities, don’t forget to get your house as ready for the changing seasons as you are.
Save time and effort by hiring a handyman to take care of these fall maintenance projects. At Gateway Home Services, we can help you put your fall maintenance checklist together and prepare your home and yard for winter.
Below is a list of fall maintenance projects you’ll want to consider. Some of these may already be on your list, while others you might not have thought of doing.
Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
Gateway Home Services is a full-service residential repair, replacement, and installation company. When you choose Gateway Home Services, you’ll receive professional and reliable improvement, repair, and maintenance for your home. We can help you this season to get ready for winter with the following home maintenance:
- Weatherstripping doors and windows – Did you know that as much as 25% of your heating bill could literally be flying out the window? Finding leaks and fixing them is a great way to lower your heating bill this winter.
- Gutter cleaning – It’s essential to remove all leaves and debris from your gutters. The gutters, cover, and downspouts should be checked for damage and repaired or replaced if needed.
- Inspect the roof – Don’t wait for a winter storm to realize your roof needs repair. Instead, your roof should be inspected for missing or damaged shingles. The flashing and seals around the vents and other areas should also be checked.
- Inspect attic insulation – Without good insulation, you’ll feel drafts in your home and increase your energy bill.
- Check smoke and carbon monoxide detectors – Replace the batteries and ensure sensors are located on every level in your home, outside any sleeping areas.
- Winterize sprinkler system – Winterizing your system will help prevent damage when temperatures freeze. If you forget to winterize your sprinklers, you run the risk that water will freeze in the pipes, irrigation valves, and sprinkler heads. It will ward off costly expenses in the spring.
- Winterize your deck and fence – Snow, ice, and sleet all cause a lot of wear and tear on your deck and fence. We can get your patio ready by first inspecting it. We’ll tighten screws, power wash, remove furniture and planters, and stain it if needed.
When you choose Gateway Home Services, you’ll receive professional and reliable improvement, repair, and maintenance for your home. We will help you complete everything on your fall handyman checklist.
Call Gateway Home Services Today
Whatever your project, trust Gateway Home Services to bring new life to your home.
[…] When you choose Gateway Home Services, you’ll receive professional and reliable home improvement, repair, and maintenance. As a Top Tier Service Company, our team of experts is ready to schedule your services based on your schedule, so you don’t have to put your life on hold to complete the challenging projects on your to-do list. […]