To ensure your home is ready this winter, make sure to stay on top of all your household repairs and maintenance needs.
Now that fall is officially here, we’re enjoying the cool weather and the beautiful colors on the trees. But soon, snow, ice, and below-freezing temperatures will be here. Is your home ready for winter weather? Now is the time to prepare your home for the winter, and we can help!
With over 30 years of experience in the construction and remodeling business, our goal is to help our clients with the small tasks they can’t get to or don’t have the “know-how” to complete.
Home Maintenance Checklist
Here are some of the maintenance and repairs we can assist you with:
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors – Heating is the cause of 27% of structure fires in the winter, according to the U.S. Fire Administration. Your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors must be working properly. We can replace the batteries for you and install any detectors that you may need.
- Check Windows and Doors – Heat can escape your home, and cold air can come in through the tiniest gaps around your windows and doors. Most of these gaps can be fixed by caulking around windows or installing weatherstripping.
- Insulating Plumbing and Pipes – During a cold snap, pipes can freeze and burst. A few minutes of prevention before winter sets in can save hundreds of dollars on costly damage and repairs. We can insulate pipes for you or use heat tape to prevent damage.
- Replace Screens with Storm Doors – Simply replacing screens with storm doors will keep the cold out and keep the heat in. We can easily replace these for you.
- Clean Gutters and Downspouts – These are the first line of defense in keeping your home dry on the inside. If the gutters and downspouts aren’t clear of debris, water can run towards your foundation, causing major problems. Clearing your gutters will also prevent ice dams from forming. Getting on a ladder can be dangerous. Let us help you with your gutter maintenance.
St. Louis Handyman Services
Whatever your maintenance project, trust Gateway Home Services. We can maintain your home to save you money. During one visit, we can take care of everything on your to-do-list. To ensure your home is ready this winter, make sure to stay on top of all your household repairs and maintenance needs.