As the temperature outside begins to drop, many pests start looking for a warm place to wait out the winter, and an ideal place may be in your home.
As the temperature outside drops, we tend to move indoors to find warmth. Unfortunately, so do many different types of pests. Therefore, contact Gateway Home Services to protect your family from unwanted guests this winter.
The Most Common Winter Pests
- Mice – Mice are a prevalent nuisance in the winter. They can enter through tiny openings in search of a place to nest. Mice are often destructive because they chew on wires, drywall, and insulation. They can also cause illness by contaminating food supplies.
- Rats – Like mice, rats can slip through tiny openings to find food and shelter. They often make their nests in basements, attics, and other dark areas to find a cozy place to live.
- Wildlife – Some pests can cause problems to other parts of a property in the winter. Certain types of wildlife can be destructive when searching for shelter and food. Raccoons and possums can make their way inside a home through chimneys or open doors, or they may hide out under porches or in sheds. While they wait out the cold weather, they end up chewing on wires and insulation or dying in very hard-to-reach areas.
- Ants – Most people think ants are just a problem in the summer, but ants can sneak into a home through holes and cracks while looking for food. Many ants have what they need outside when it’s warm. But once temperatures drop, they often move indoors to find what they need to survive.
- Stink bugs – Stink bugs aren’t harmful; they’re a lot like ladybugs and beetles. But they search for warm places to live when it’s cold and can sometimes become a nuisance. Plus, as their name suggests, they emit a very unpleasant odor when crushed, which can be annoying.
- Spiders – Unless you have brown recluses or black widows hiding in your home, most spiders are not dangerous. That being said, many people do not want them in their homes. Spiders do look for warm places to live when it’s cold outside. Many spiders like to hide in low-traffic, dark places like attics, basements, and storage areas.
Pest Control for Your Home this Winter
At Gateway Home Services, you will find the answer to your pest control needs. You can expect the best protection for your home or business because of our customized services created by our highly trained pest management technicians. Our technicians will formulate service plans backed by science and solid technical knowledge to ensure complete protection all year long.
Choose Gateway Home
Schedule an Appointment Today