If winter weather negatively impacts your home this season, Gateway Home Services is the one-call solution to all of your exterior home maintenance needs.
Low temperatures, fierce winds, and heavy snow can mean trouble for the exterior of your home. Your home and property may have several vulnerable areas that are subject to potential problems. Some of these issues can be fixed in the spring, but others need attention right away.
If winter weather negatively impacts your home this season, Gateway Home Services is the one-call solution to all of your exterior home maintenance projects.
How Winter Weather Negatively Impacts Your Home
Cold temperatures, strong winds, snow, and ice can negatively affect vulnerable areas of your home and property. Some of the most common ways winter can cause damage include:
- Roof leaks – strong wind can loosen shingles, ice can put stress on your roof, and condensation can cause damage. If there were parts of your rood already compromised, this added stress could cause serious problems.
- Gutter damage – When snow and ice build-up, ice dams can form in your gutters. Gutters can crack, and parts can break off.
- Caulk around windows can crack – Fluctuations in temperature can cause caulk to pull away from windows, creating drafts where warm air leaks out, and cold air seeps in. Not only does this cause a chilly situation, but your energy costs will increase.
- Driveway damage – Ice melt, shoveling snow, and ice can cause damage to your driveway. These can cause your driveway to chip and crack. De-icing chemicals can corrode driveway materials.
- Broken tree limbs – Snow, ice, and strong winds can cause tree limbs to break. When they fall, they can damage your roof, siding, and other parts of your house or property.
- Damage to your deck or fence – While these structures are built to withstand harsh weather conditions, they are not immune to winter damage. Moisture can lead to mold and mildew. Already vulnerable areas can crack and break.
Some of these issues might be able to wait until the spring. However, others such as a leaking roof, broken fence, and gaps around your windows cannot.
We Can Help!
At Gateway Home Services, we are always here to help homeowners in New Jersey with winter home repairs. If the exterior of your home or property needs some repair, contact us online now, or give us a call at (732) 749-8700.