Termite Exterminator & Termite Pest Control NJ
Call (732) 749-8700 :: If you suspect a termite infestation, call Gateway Home and Realty Today! The longer you wait, the higher the damage and costs.
Termites are a silent and destructive pest that cause billions of dollars worth of damage in the U.S. each year. While they primarily feed on wood, they will also cause damage to furniture, insulation, books, trees, and shrubs. They can infest a home or building at any time.
Termite Pest Control
Termites play an essential role in the ecosystem and maintain nature’s balance by breaking down various plant material, including dead wood. There are more than 2,600 known species of termites worldwide, and of those, nearly 50 are found in North America. However, when termites invade residential property, they become a significant threat.
If you suspect a termite infestation, then you need to act now. The longer you wait, the higher the damage and costs. At Gateway Realty and Home Services, we understand how delicate this problem is. That’s why we will act quickly and effectively and put an end to this problem in no time.
How Do You Know if You Have Termites?
If you notice signs of termite damage, it’s likely there has been an infestation for a while. If the damage is extensive, they may have been there for years. So this presents a dilemma if termites are silently eating your home or building, how do you know you have them before they cause serious damage?
The only way you can save on costly termite damage is by catching the infestation as early as possible. If you suspect some termite activity in or around your property, you should immediately get your home inspected.
There are signs to watch out for. The most common signs that you have termites include:
- Small holes in your drywall where they have tunneled through
- Drooping or discolored drywall
- Hollow sounds when wood is tapped
- Paint that is peeling, resembling water damage
- Ceilings and walls which are buckling
- Maze-like designs in wooden structures
- Termite droppings which look like coffee grounds or sawdust
- Mud tunnels along your foundation
- Swarming termites, typically in the spring
Termite Prevention is Key
As a homeowner, there are several things you can do to prevent termites from thinking your home is their home:
- Reduce all soil-to-wood contact around your home
- Remove any wood, lumber, cardboard, etc. from around the foundation
- Make a 4-inch barrier between your home and mulch
- Storm drains need to drain a few feet away from your foundation
- Fix leaky faucets and other sources of excess moisture
It’s been said that there are two types of homes: Homes that have termites and those that will have termites. Therefore, even if you take these preventative measures, you may still have termites in your home.
Termite Pest Control Services
Call Gateway Realty and Home Services in New Jersey today — we will get rid of your termite infestation with safe and minimal use of chemicals. Because of the proximity of humans to the infested areas, we take extra precautions to avoid any toxicity or allergies developing in our customers.
Some of our methods include:
- Chemical Soil Treatment – The treatment is put around the building and on the bottom floor, where the colony is likely near.
- Termite Baits – Stations used to bait termites. These should be checked frequently for follow-up.
- Renovation – Depending on the circumstances, it may be needed to remove wood in contact with soil or improve ventilation in these high-risk locations.
Choose Gateway Realty and Home
Schedule an Appointment Today