Bed Bug Exterminator & Bed Bug Pest Control NJ
Call (732) 749-8700 :: We provide effective, customized, and powerful bed bug treatments that kill bed bugs where they thrive and breed.
Bed bugs are among some of the most unpleasant pests you can have in your home. They are tough to find, sneaky and are a potential health risk for you and your family. They are incredibly prolific and will breed fast if they are not controlled efficiently. If you suspect you have a bed bug infestation, you need to get in touch with a professional bed bug exterminator right away.
What Are Bed Bugs?
Bed bugs are small insects that feed on human blood, typically at night. They are often found in and around people’s beds, which is where they get their name. A common sign of having a bed bug infestation is finding bite marks on your body, usually three bites ins row. The area they have bitten will get red, itchy, and swollen and can even develop into blisters if you are sensitive to their bite.
Bed bugs can be found on chairs and in couches, but they are primarily found in and around beds. They are more active at night when it’s dark in search of a host on which to feed. They reproduce very quickly and will keep reproducing until you have a very hard to control infestation that will increasingly get worse. Bed bugs can:
- Hatch 200+ eggs every 2 weeks
- Live up to 6 months without food
- Live up to a year in ideal conditions
- Eat 7x their weight in blood
- Be extremely difficult to get rid of
Because bed bugs are tough and prolific, it is essential to identify an infestation as soon as possible.
How to Identify Bed Bugs
To identify bed bugs in your home, look for small, brown, oval-shaped insects with no wings. They will be flat if they haven’t fed recently. However, if they have just fed on blood, they will be swollen and darker in color. They are sometimes mistaken for other insects, such as ticks or roaches. But what distinguishes them from other bugs is their ant-like movements, and when crushed, they release a particularly unpleasant odor.
Identifying a Bed Bug Infestation
The average person does not easily find bed bugs. They often hide in cracks and crevices, in sheets, mattress seams, behind baseboards, electrical outlet plates, and picture frames. They often hitchhike in people’s luggage and spread to other places. It is best to have a professional bed bug exterminator inspect your home. At Gateway Realty and Home Services, we perform a thorough examination of your home and determine the best bed bug extermination plan so that you can move forward.
Here are a few signs to watch for to know if you have a bed bug problem:
- Bloodstains on pillows, sheets, and other bedding
- Signs of their excrement – dark or rusty spots on bedding
- Fecal spots, eggshells, or dead shed skins in areas where they hide
- A musty, offensive odor from bed bug’s scent glands
Bed Bug Extermination Services in NJ and NY
Bed bugs reproduce and multiply quickly, so it is necessary to detect a problem to prevent a larger infestation. Gateway Realty and Home Services follow an integrated approach that involves assessing the property, implementing solutions, and then monitoring any bed bug problems that may re-emerge.
Our bed bug elimination methods include:
- Chemical Management: We understand that bed bugs have become very resistant to pyrethroid insecticides, so we use proper chemical management to kill them.
- Steam Treatment: This is a highly effective method of bed bug elimination but is also tedious, time-consuming, and labor-intensive.
- Vacuuming: When done consistently and in combination with the use of appropriate insecticides, vacuuming can prove highly effective.
Just give us a call, and we will take care of the rest! Our bed bug extermination services are designed to leave your home bed bug free and give you the peace of mind that will enable you to enjoy a peaceful night’s sleep.
Choose Gateway Realty and Home
Schedule an Appointment Today